[Dovecot] dovecot index errors since 2.1.12

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jan 15 01:55:13 EET 2013

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 14.1.2013, at 17.16, Daniel Parthey <daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>
> > Last week we upgraded to 2.1.13 and since then we encountered the same issues as
> > Morten Stevens. We got a lot of error messages with corrupt index cache
> > and FETCH errors: So we had to roll back to dovecot 2.1.10. Now the errors are gone.
> >
> > Jan 12 16:48:35 10.129.3.233 dovecot: mailbox: mail: imap(user1 at example.org): <TaljVxnT4gAKgQPp>: Error: Cached message size larger than expected (5194 > 4399)
>
> Does reverting this change also fix it for you? http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/6c1b4b9f527c

Thanks, did not find this hint on the mailinglist yet.
Will try (sooner or later) and keep you informed.

> I guess you're using only LMTP to deliver mails?

Yes, LMTP via director port 20024 only.

> How many CPU cores do you have?

4 physical machines with Dual Core.

> Also how much is "a lot", especially compared to the number of users you have / emails you get?
> I think it didn't happen very often for Morten (something like 1 error per several tens of thousands of mails?)

I must admit, "a lot" was way too exaggerated ;)

Around 10000 successful LMTP deliveries a day.
Around 1 to 3 errors a day.

But data corruption is something we can neither accept,
nor explain to our customers, since indexes are very
important with mdbox.

Regards
Daniel
--