[Dovecot] mbox INBOX out of sync (?)

Tinguaro Barreno Delgado tbarreno at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 17 08:30:15 EET 2013

Hello again,

Permissions seems to be ok; all mboxes has 660 with group 'mail'.

---
-rw-rw---- 1 tbarreno mail  1337814 ene 17 06:10 tbarreno
---

However, the dovecot service was changed last October in Debian distro:

---
  * Dovecot uses two system users for internal purposes now by
    default: "dovenull" and "dovecot". "dovenull" user is used by
    completely untrustworthy processes, while "dovecot" user is used
    for slightly more trusted processes.
---

The "dovecot" user isn't included in the 'mail' group; I've tryed but it doesn't work.

I'll take a look at the Postfix configuration just to see if it's locking the files.

Many thanks again.

Best wishes,
Tinguaro Barreno

--