[Dovecot] speed up dovecot IMAP server

Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt. bernics.gabor at penta.hu
Wed Jan 23 10:59:11 EET 2013

Hello stan

"Did you performed any troubleshooting, any investigation, of your own,
before upgrading to 2.1.7?"

Yes, I try this:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/PerformanceTuning

If fsync disabled speed up a litle, but it's not secure permanently.

"Do note the latency could very well be an issue with Kmail and not
Dovecot."

Kmail?

I use Roundcube and Thunderbird.

Typical load: < 0.5

Memory usage: 1.2 Gbyte of 6 Gbyte (Can I increase cache memory size
for Dovecot?)

IOtop Disk read: < 1.200 k/sec

Gabor