[Dovecot] Trouble with expire plugin

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sun Jan 27 22:49:25 EET 2013

On 01/09/2013 08:37 AM, Gedalya wrote:

>> do verbose logging during cron
>>

>> Best Regards
>> MfG Robert Schetterer
> No need, I have indeed already gone beyond the "but I made a cron job,
> why isn't it working" point.
>
> mysql> select * from expires;
> .
> .
> .
> 7 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> Complete doveadm output with domain masked:
>
> # doveadm -D search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 14d
> doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules
> doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin.so
> doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_expire_plugin.so
> doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_listescape_plugin.so
> doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm
> doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_acl_plugin, because
> dlopen() failed:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_acl_plugin.so:
> undefined symbol: acl_user_module (this is usually intentional, so
> just ignore this message)
> doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_expire_plugin.so
> doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_quota_plugin.so
> doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_zlib_plugin, because
> dlopen() failed:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_zlib_plugin.so:
> undefined symbol: i_stream_create_deflate (this is usually
> intentional, so just ignore this message)
> doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_fts_plugin, because
> dlopen() failed:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib20_doveadm_fts_plugin.so:
> undefined symbol: fts_list_backend (this is usually intentional, so
> just ignore this message)
> doveadm(root): Debug: expire: Searching only users listed in expire
> database
> doveadm(root): Debug: expire: Stopping iteration on key
> shared/expire/jedi1 at xxxxxx.com/Trash (1357165578 > 1356528524)
>

> mysql> select * from expires;
> .
> .
> .
> 6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> The row being deleted: levy at xxxxxxx.com, Junk, 1350397036 (Tue Oct 16
> 10:17:16 EDT 2012), all others at this point in time are younger than
> 14 days.
> So far it has seemed to me that running any search or expunge has the
> sole effect of deleting rows matching the savedbefore criteria,
> regardless of the mailbox criteria.
>
> working with doveadm -o"mail_plugins=....." leaving out expire seems
> to work fine.

I got it working. I know this worked before, I can't specify when it
stopped working, but here is the story.

I have:
auth_default_realm = domain.com

in dovecot-sql.conf.ext I had:
iterate_query = SELECT userid as user, domain FROM email where deleted=0

Now it's working when I changed it to:
iterate_query = SELECT concat(userid, '@', domain) as username FROM
email where deleted=0

I noticed this when running doveadm expunge (without expire plugin) and
saw lines like the following:
doveadm(jeremy): Info: User no longer exists, skipping

This user exists, but on another domain, not the default one.

Users under the default domain come up as normal:
doveadm(hr): Debug: Added userdb setting:
mail=maildir:/stor/mail/domains/domain.com/hr/hr/Maildir

After changing iterate query all users come up as fully qualified, like
doveadm(jeremy at otherdomain.com): Debug: Added userdb setting:
mail=maildir:/stor/mail/domains/otherdomain.com/je/jeremy/Maildir

So, with regards to the expires issue, I guess the reason why the
expires table wasn't working is because it contains the full email
address in the username field and doveadm here was working with the
userid alone.

Is this a bug? The wiki clearly says that iterate_query can take the
domain in a separate field, yet dovecot seems to ignore the domain field
and use auth_default_realm.

Thanks,

Gedalya