[Dovecot] Duplicate supression mechanism

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jan 28 09:52:20 EET 2013

On 1/22/2013 1:04 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 18.1.2013, at 17.36, 3.listas at adminlinux.com.br <listas at adminlinux.com.br> wrote:
>
>> In a Dovecot 2.0.6 server I have an account x at domain and an alias
>> y at domain -> x at domain.
>>
>> When I send an email to x at domain with carbon copy to y at domain, X
>> receives two messages on mailbox. Dovecot2 has any feature of duplicate
>> suppression ?
> With v2.1 + Pigeonhole 0.3.1+ you can use vnd.dovecot.duplicate extension.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bosch-sieve-duplicate-00.txt

Ehmm, not that one. That is the official submission and that is not what
Dovecot currently implements. You should use this as a reference for now:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/raw-file/tip/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-duplicate.txt

Don't forget to add vnd.dovecot.duplicate to sieve_extensions.

Regards,

Stephan.