[Dovecot] dsync timeout?

Sean Kamath kamath at moltingpenguin.com
Thu Jan 31 04:29:34 EET 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 3:46 PM, micah anderson <micah at riseup.net> wrote:
> Seems that only the above process was still around and no other dsync
> processes. I have three machines that all have this happening it seems.
>
> I wonder if there is a ssh configuration option I could set to make
> these die off.

If the ssh process isn't sending anything, and just waiting for read()s, and keepalives are turned off, the SSH session might never know the remote side is long gone. . .

If any data were transmitted, it would discover the remote side is turned off.

See man ssh_config and the option TCPKeepAlive.

BTW: Since it's not on the command line, it's likely in /etc/ssh_config or /etc/ssh/ssh_config.  Or ~/.ssh/config.

Sean