[Dovecot] Vacation Notice Not Working

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jan 1 03:08:14 EET 2013

Hi,

Happy new year to everyone on this list :)

Ch Chai wrote:

> > You can find the log file locations by running:
> > doveadm log find
> * found this path when by run this command : doveadm log find
> Debug: /var/log/dovecot-debug.log
> Info: /var/log/dovecot-info.log
> Warning: /var/log/dovecot.log
> Error: /var/log/dovecot.log
> Fatal: /var/log/dovecot.log

So what can you find in /var/log/dovecot-info.log and /var/log/dovecot.log
when a mail is delivered to the test account?

> * When I vim /var/www/web1/user/(user name)/.dovecot.sieve ,it will point to my sieve file e.g /var/www/web1/user/web1_test/sieve/test_felamimail.sieve

Seems correct.

Can you see any .dovecot.sieve.log in the same directory as .dovecot.sieve,
there sieve related errors would be written, if any.

> * I check back [test_felamimail.sieve] this line ( vacation :days 1 :addresses ["test at acelsys.com "] text: ) there is no space after .com, I don't know why when I 1st time paste into egroupware it will add space for me. I can send/receive mail, just can't activate Vacation Notice. Whats wrong ?

The vacation notice seems to be activated, but does not work.
We will need some relevant logfile output and doveconf -n output
as well as dovecot and pigeonhole version you are using,
otherwise it will be difficult to help you.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820