[Dovecot] Dsync didn't updates automatically

Breno Moreira brenoavm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:57:53 EET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Dsync cluster feature in a simple setup, without
director, but I'm having some troubles.

First of all, I want to know if this functionality syncs the mailbox when
the user receive a mail or only when the dovecot starts?

Reading the Dovecot mailing list and the design description for a
dsync-replicated Dovecot cluster, I understood that it should sync every
time a new mail arrives, but it isn't happening in my system. So, can I do
this update automatically? If yes, why is it not working properly? Maybe is
my configuration files or maybe I'm confusing the capability of this
feature.

I'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 included in the Debian Wheezy, with virtual users
in a MySQL database, Moreover, I have the following configuration:

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication

service aggregator {
   # give enough permissions for mail processes
   fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
     user = vmail
     #mode = 0666
   }
   unix_listener replication-notify {
     user = vmail
     #mode = 0666
   }
}

service replicator {
   # start replication at startup
   process_min_avail = 1
}

plugin {
   # host1 replicates to host2
   #mail_replica = remote:vmail at 10.127.0.2
   # host2 replicates to host1
   mail_replica = remote:vmail at 10.127.0.5
}

dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l vmail %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
-l%{lock_timeout} -n%{namespace}

service doveadm {
   # if you're using a single virtual user, set this to
   # start ssh as vmail (not root)
   user = vmail
}

service config {
  unix_listener config {
    user = vmail
  }
}

The vmail user has rsa id's in both servers, so it can do ssh connections
without asking for password.

I appreciate your help.
Best Regards,