[Dovecot] dovecot.index is missing

Alexandr Sabitov alexandr.sabitov at netregistry.com.au
Tue Jan 29 09:37:10 EET 2013

Dear All,

I have noticed that dovecot.index is not generated straight away if you have just a few emails in the mailbox. Instead of that dovecot.index.log is modified and accessed by clients.

Only if the number of email reaches some level then it creates dovecot.index in user mailboxes.

Can somebody please tell me when (in my understanding of the process) the index log file drops all data into the mail index file. What does trigger that ?
Sorry I couldn't find any info on that in the wiki.

Best Regards,
Alexandr Sabitov