[Dovecot] Variable similar to %u but providing the username changed by a database lookup?

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Fri Jul 5 20:14:26 EEST 2013

Le 5 juil. 2013 à 16:27, Steffen Kaiser a écrit :

> [...]
> The doc http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/SQL#User_database_lookups spells:
>
> SELECT userid AS username
>
> maybe, you override the wrong field?

Hello Steffen,

You helped me to look twice at those matters.
So, it seems that variable %u (or, for what matters, even %n) indeed expands to the value as changed thru a database lookup.

In fact, I now understand that I was struggling with a somewhat unexpected behavior of the prefetch database, and that I failed to correctly interpret the behaviors I was encountering.
Will be a question for a next post. ;-)

Thanks again,
Axel