[Dovecot] Right way to share some global mailboxes

Daniel Parthey d.parthey at metaways.de
Sat Jul 6 16:49:51 EEST 2013

Hello Dieter,

Am 06.07.2013 03:49, schrieb Dieter Knopf:
> i'm using Dovecot since a long time but now I need to share folders for
> global mail adresses like info@ and support@ between all users.
>
> What is the right way to share this mailboxes between many users (everyone
> with own read flag).
>
> My config for location is:
> mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n:INDEX=/home/vmail-indexes/%d/%n
>
> And now i have a folder like /home/vmail/bar.com/foo for sharing...

"Public" or "Shared" namespaces with "Private Indexes"
(INDEXPVT=... in Dovecot 2.2) should be the way to go, see:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes

Regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: d.parthey at metaways.de
Web:    http://www.metaways.de

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele