[Dovecot] Mailbox statistics (sdbox / indexes) (+ wiki2 frontpage notes)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Mon Jul 8 13:17:02 EEST 2013

Hi,

I used to, with a simple script, loop over the filenames in a Maildir,
grab the From from the contents of the file and grab the flags
(especially "READ" and "REPLIED") from the filename, but after moving to
sdbox these flags are hidden in the index file.

Is there anyway to get these out of there programmatically without
having to resort to using an imap-client or is that the way to go?

(I am effectively counting who has sent the most mail to a mailbox and
how many of the the messages have been and have not been replied to;
thus another answer would be: "I got a stats program for mailboxes")

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: just reverted the wiki2 Frontpage, apparently even bots know who the
author of the IMAP protocol is (leading me to believe that that check
does not work): http://wiki2.dovecot.org/FrontPage?action=info
I could not find a "revert" button thus copied&pasta'd the previous
edition in there.

PS2: there seems to be a master.wiki2.dovecot.org and a
wiki2.dovecot.org; logging in on the one does not log in on the other,
and accounts on the one are different from the other, and it seems
cookies go missing also somewhere, hence why an IP is logged and not my
account (which I used to have, now was missing and thus I recreated, but
needed to do that on both boxes)