[Dovecot] How to manipulate attachments with LDA?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Jul 9 17:44:09 EEST 2013

Am 09.07.2013 15:33, schrieb Piotr Szafarczyk - NetExpert:
> On 2013-07-09 14:48, Robert Schetterer wrote
>> depends on what you like to do exactly
>>
>> you may use sieve pipe ext prog
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Extprograms
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Pipe
>>
>> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/raw-file/tip/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-extprograms.txt
>>

>> Best Regards
>> MfG Robert Schetterer
>>
> I use pigeonhole 0.4, so I will play with extprograms. I was sure sieve
> cannot do such things.
>
> Are you sure I can modify a message with the plugin? I see:
> "The "execute" action does not change the message in any way"
>
> All examples store messages in a folder instead of modifying them.
>
> I need to replace an attachment or insert a new one into a message.

at my last tests , i was able to execute procmail with sieve,

it should do some stuff to attachments

http://blog.lundscape.com/2009/10/extract-email-attachments-with-procmail-and-munpack/

but perhaps you wanna use more postfix stuff

look at

http://www.developertoolshed.com/how-to/141/

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer