[Dovecot] Dovecot SLOW in imaptest without any apparent reason

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 10 10:04:39 EEST 2013

On 28.6.2013, at 13.28, FABIO FERRARI <fabio.ferrari at unimore.it> wrote:

> I'm migrating a mail server from a centos 5 cluster architecture to a
> centos 6 cluster architecture. The new cluster involves faster machines
> then the old cluster, and a virtual machine.
> I use dovecot-2.0.9-5.el6.x86_64, while the old cluster uses
> dovecot-2.0.1-1_118.el5.

Since both are v2.0.x there aren't any big differences in how they work.

> Tha mail server uses mysql for the users database, and a local ldap for
> authentication.
..
> ./imaptest user=XXXXXXX pass=XXXXXXX secs=120 seed=123 mbox=./dovecot-crlf

Test if the difference is in authentication or non-authentication:

auth: imaptest user=XX pass=XX secs=120 seed=123 - select=0

non-auth: imaptest user=XX pass=XX secs=120 seed=123 logout=0

My guess is that it's authentication related.