[Dovecot] avoid log message when using nagios check

Daniel Parthey d.parthey at metaways.de
Fri Jul 12 11:08:13 EEST 2013

Am 12.07.2013 02:09, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 10.7.2013, at 23.47, Daniel Parthey<d.parthey at metaways.de>  wrote:
>
>> You're right, TCP connections don't seem to be a real problem here.
>>
>> I confused it with the following messages, we get every few minutes in the dovecot-director.log, but I'm not sure of their origin yet,
>> there are some other imap proxies/balancer in front of the director:
>>
>> Jul 10 21:51:46 10.129.3.233 dovecot: director: Error: read(login connection) failed: Connection reset by peer
>> Jul 10 21:51:49 10.129.3.213 dovecot: director: Error: read(login connection) failed: Connection reset by peer
>
> Those aren't really errors. They should just be ignored. This gets rid of them: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/ebbe00999da8
>
> I'm not sure why I haven't seen these before though. Was this with Linux?

Yes, this was with Linux.

> Or I guess more likely it's because you're not using it in high performance mode as explained in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LoginProcess

Indeed we're currently using the default (high security mode).

Regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: d.parthey at metaways.de
Web:    http://www.metaways.de

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele