[Dovecot] OT: SAN vs Flash only SAN-less VM architecture for data storage

Sat Jul 20 17:20:30 EEST 2013

Hello all,

I am investigating options for leveraging our companies two locations,
to provide fault tolerance/redundancy for our VM infrastructure.

I was looking at SAN storage options, but ran across an interesting
article, and would like opinions. It sounds great, a real win-win as to
cost *and* performance...

We have redundant/identical hosts at each location that can fulfill the
requirements discussed...

http://www.storage-switzerland.com/Articles/Entries/2012/9/20_The_Benefits_of_a_Flash_Only,_SAN-less_Virtual_Architecture.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/khwuspo

Stan, I'm especially interested in your take, considering your
experience with high end SANs and VM storage environments...

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles