[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.2.4/sendmail with sql user and aliases

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Mon Jul 22 19:47:36 EEST 2013

Le 22 juil. 2013 à 16:24, Cedric a écrit :

> HI,
>
> I'll try to explain my problem another way just in case.

Hello Cedric,

It's still a bit difficult to be sure of all the details, as it seems that the doveconf -n output and the password_query/user_query you have provided are a bit out of sync with your log excerpts.

So could you please provide that configuration (doveconf -n, password_query/user_query) again, and ensure your log entries are emitted under that configuration?

> For message delivery i'm using sendmail/dovecot-lda

Do you mean that you are running commands such as:
	me$ sendmail cedrict at mail.vdl
	[...]
	.
	me$
and:
	me$ sendmail test at mail.vdl
	[...]
	.
	me$
and that postfix is configured to deliver those messages thru dovecot-lda?

BTW, how in postfix' main.cf do you invoke dovecot-lda?
And could you tell us a bit more about that alias "test at mail.vdl" (or is it "test")?

Finally, could you post the whole log excerpt (including the entries written by both postfix and dovecot) related to the sending of a message to test at mail.vdl?

Thanks,
Axel