[Dovecot] convert to mdbox

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Jul 23 10:44:11 EEST 2013

Am 23.07.2013 09:08, schrieb Birta Levente:
> Hi
>
> How can I convert all virtual mailboxes from maildir to mdbox? Manually,
> one by one, working, but I have a lot ...
>
> Virtual users and domains stored in sql database.
>
> Thats what I want:
>
> mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir
> mail_location = mdbox:/var/vmail/%d/%n/mdbox
>
> Thanks
> Levi

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync

dsync should do it , but be aware from dsync bugs in some versions
do heavy testing before doing something live, for many users do i.e with
bash script

export your users from sql to a file, or use live query

for i in `cat user.lst`
do
dsync .....
done

for avoid acl and quota problems

dsync -o plugin/acl= -o plugin/quota= -u ....

perhaps look at

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/07/20/fallstricke-mit-acl-und-quota-bei-backup-mit-dsync-dovecot/

be aware of, if  use zlib plugin all backup mails get compressed too

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG