[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.2.4/sendmail with sql user and aliases

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Jul 23 10:49:46 EEST 2013

Le 23 juil. 2013 à 02:41, Cedric a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Ok thank for the interpretation, we used sendmail the last 16 years and I'm trying to migrate a old linuxconf/imapd setup here.
> [...]
> Below i provided two differents sql attempt, your input on how to make dovecot lda understand it should deliver the mail to the correct file are welcome
> [...]
> There's a new debug output fixing the domain entry
>
> The querry i pasted seem to be wrong for a previous configuration there's the correct one :
>
> [...]
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>    user: cedrict at mail.vdl
> username: cedrict
>  domain: mail.vdl
>    home: /vhome/mail.vdl/home/cedrict
>   index: /vhome/mail.vdl/home/cedrict/mail/index
> control: /vhome/mail.vdl/home/cedrict/mail/control
>   inbox: /var/spool/vmail/mail.vdl/cedrict
>  layout: maildir++
>     uid: 60001
>     gid: 231
>
> [...]
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
> user: cedrict at mail.vdl
> inbox: /var/spool/vmail/mail.vdl/cedrict
> home: /vhome/mail.vdl/home/cedrict
>  uid: 60001
>  gid: 231
> 1 row in set (0,54 sec)
>
> [...]

Hello Cédric,

In both cases, your queries provide sufficient info for overriding or for providing a full substitute to mail_home (left empty in your dovecot.conf), but fail to do the same for mail_location.

Perhaps could you try something like this:

	SELECT
		concat(
			s_courriel_utilisateur.utilisateur,
			'@',
			s_courriel_domaine.nom
		) AS user,
		concat(
			'mbox:~/mail:LAYOUT=maildir++:INDEX=MEMORY:CONTROL=~/mail/control:INBOX=/var/spool/vmail/',
			s_courriel_domaine.nom,
			'/',
			s_courriel_utilisateur.utilisateur
		) AS mail,
		concat(
			"/vhome/",
			s_courriel_domaine.nom,
			"/home/",
			s_courriel_utilisateur.utilisateur
		) AS home,
		s_courriel_utilisateur.uid AS uid,
		s_courriel_domaine.gid AS gid
	FROM
		[...]

Not sure whether you still need the "AS user" part, but it should not hurt with such a query.

More info at:

	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase
	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/SQL

HTH,