[Dovecot] script to test CATENATE

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jul 23 17:19:12 EEST 2013

On 23/07/2013 14:30, Mike Abbott wrote:
>> Do you think you might re-submit the matching BURL support to Postfix?
> I don't think re-submitting is a good idea unless Wietse & co. request it, which I doubt will happen.

My reading of it at the time was something like "There are no clients
that support this.  We don't understand the need"

Now that there is at least one large client (I'm presuming that IOS does
support it?) I think the world has changed and of course the patch has
now had large scale testing (since I'm presuming again that it's
included in the Apple distributed Postfix version?)

I personally think that the idea is perfect and I would like to see it
break into mainstream use and from there I think we will possibly see
support added to additional clients (I think this is how to break the
chicken/egg cycle).  The idea that you can use IMAP commands to
construct a message server side from "bits of other messages", and then
post it out server side is fantastic.

Please consider having at least one more go.  I think there is likely to
be much better reception now that clients exist, the patch is well
tested and Dovecot at least supports the IMAP side. Please...?

Cheers

Ed W