[Dovecot] dbus support in dovecot?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 24 15:25:46 EEST 2013

Greetings;

I am trying to transition from ubu10.04.4 LTS to ubu12.04.2 LTS, but in the
changeover I want to setup dovecot as a local only imap server so that I
can read & respond to email from any of the other 4 or so machines on my
local net.

To that end, and given that I have a well working setup right now, using
fetchmail driving mailfilter as a pre-check, procmail as the MTA delivering
to /var/spool/mail/me, with clamav and spamd in the mix to intercept and
send to /dev/null the worst of the spam, or to a quarantine file if clamav
triggers.

The current transfer mechanism is driven by a script that uses inotifywait
to detect newly delivered mail in that directory, and which then sends
kmail a dbus message to go get the mail.

Since I want to insert dovecot into this chain, does dovecot have a dbus
port, and if so, what is the format of the command it expects?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
         law-abiding citizens.