[Dovecot] Namespace, Sieve and upgrading to dovecot 2.0 -- no folder "INBOX/"

Ben bugreporter at vescent.com
Fri Jul 26 23:13:51 EEST 2013

I just upgraded from debian squeeze->wheezy. This meant upgrading from
dovecot 1.2 to 2.1.7 and upgrading to Pigdeonhole sieve. I have dovecot
configured to use sieve and virtual users (I'll post config below)

Now any message that come in get filtered by sieve, but any messages
that don't hit any filters gives the error (in the sieve log):
  msgid=<XXXX at XXX.com>: failed to store into mailbox 'INBOX/': Invalid
mailbox name

As far as I can tell, Pidgeonhole has hard-coded to the behavior of
'keep' (that is unfiltered emails) to be:
     fileinto "INBOX/"

However, in my setup "INBOX/" is not a valid folder. "INBOX" is. Is
there a way to get pidgeonhole sieve to treat 'keep' as fileinto
"INBOX"? Or do I need to reconfigure my dovecot namespaces? I tried
playing with them, but everything works right now (sharing, etc) and
when I changed my prefix on the inbox, etc, it did weird things
(INBOX.INBOX.FOLDER) instead of (INBOX.Folder).

Suggestions?

Here is, I believe the relevant config info:

dovecot.conf:

namespace {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   prefix =
   separator = /
   type = private
}
namespace {
   list = children
   location = maildir:/Mail/Users/%%n/:INDEX=/Mail/Users/%u/shared/%%u
   prefix = shared/%%u/
   separator = /
   subscriptions = no
   type = shared