[Dovecot] Auth-woker log lines

Grzegorz Staniak gstaniak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 20:58:02 EEST 2013

Hi,

Are log lines like the following:

Jul 28 15:30:50 mx1.somewhere dovecot: auth-worker(18980):
sql(user at domain,217.67.x.x): unknown user
Jul 28 15:32:56 mx1.somewhere dovecot: auth-worker(18980):
sql(user at domain,212.182.x.x): Password mismatch

written every time any authetntication phase fails, in SASL as well as
in POP3/IMAP mailbox access? I have a legacy app that would gain a lot
if I could distinguish between failed SASL authentication and failed
POP3/IMAP authentication. I know I can use the "auth failed" lines for
the latter case, and postfix log lines in the former, but they don't
contain user info. Is there a way for log monitoring software to get
failed login lines with both user info, and the reason (SASL, POP3,
IMAP)?

Regards,
--
Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak [at] gmail _dot_ com>