[Dovecot] Expunged message reappeared, giving a new UID

Simon Fraser srf at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jul 29 12:05:22 EEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 20:26 +0200, Daniel Parthey wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Version 2.2.2 is not current any more. I would try to update to the
> latest stable version 2.2.4 first, since some dsync bugs have been
> fixed between 2.2.2 and 2.2.4:

I've now upgraded to 2.2.4 (and pigeonhole 0.4.1 from 0.4.0 at the same
time). I'm still experiencing the same problem, with both Maildir and
mdbox format mailboxes.

My test imap connection is to only one of the servers at a time - I can
reproduce this using 'telnet server imap' and issuing "store +flags
(\Deleted)" and expunge as well as deleting messages with a mail client.

Thanks,
Simon.