[Dovecot] Dovecot v2.2.4 (ebbe00999da8) doveadm crash

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Tue Jul 30 15:08:39 EEST 2013

On 30.07.2013 12:10, wrote Timo Sirainen:
> On 16.7.2013, at 20.07, e-frog <e-frog at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Current Dovecot v2.2 HG crashes using the following command:
>>
>> $ doveadm mailbox status -A -t unseen 'virtual/unread'
>>
>> #0  i_stream_next_line (stream=0x0) at istream.c:382
>> 382     istream.c: No such file or directory.
>> (gdb) bt full
>> #0  i_stream_next_line (stream=0x0) at istream.c:382
>>         _stream = <optimized out>
>>         pos = <optimized out>
>> #1  0xb754656b in auth_master_user_list_next (ctx=0xb91bfbd8) at auth-master.c:689
>>         line = <optimized out>
>
> Fixed the crash: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/0cab916b28c6

Thanks, with this change I get an error message instead of the crash:
doveadm(test1 at local.lan): Fatal: seteuid(0) failed: Operation not permitted

> Although the real problem I think is that you didn't have permissions to connect to the auth-userdb socket.

Hmm, doveadm is running as user 'vmail' and auth-userdb socket has the
following permissions:

srw-------  1 vmail   root       0 Jul 30 13:12 auth-userdb

Which I think should work and actually has worked with all v2.2.x
versions so far...