[Dovecot] 2.2.4 - quota-status changing the user it is running as

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Jul 30 21:36:54 EEST 2013

Le 30 juil. 2013 à 12:28, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> On 14.7.2013, at 19.54, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Going on with our telnet session:
>>
>> 	recipient=john.doe at example.com
>> 	size=10000
>>
>> 	action=OK
>>
>> Hmmm... OK, this may be a config problem of mine which may require further investigation.
>
> Did you solve this?

Hello Timo,

Nice to read from you.

Unfortunately, no; I'm still stuck with that problem, as described in:
	http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-July/091462.html

>> [...]
>>
>> Is this the expected behavior, to have quota-status switch to another user?
>
> Either one of these fixes would be sufficient:
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/2470bb9106b0
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/51b8020b29f6

Thanks!
Do you really mean "either", not "both"? I ask, because those patches seem to intervene at quite different levels (but I guess I'll have, one day or another, to get more acquainted with Dovecot's coding, so as not to come with such silly questions...).

> Yet another possibility would be to use service { service_count=1 } to recreate the process every time.

Yes, but I fear some inefficiencies with such an extreme setting; in fact, I hoped to rely on Postfix for managing the service's life cycle.

Best Regards,
Axel