[Dovecot] Please clarify one point for me on director userdb (Was: Configuration advice needed.)

Olivier Girard Olivier.Girard at univ-angers.fr
Mon Jun 3 16:47:08 EEST 2013

I'm trying to finish my dovecot setup but things are unclear for me.

I want director proxying mapping to same server for LMTP and POP/IMAP
connections. My authdb is LDAP and LMTP user are queried with mail
adress (ldap mail attribute) while IMAP/POP users are identified with
uid (ldap uid attribute) wich is completly different.

So i end up defining my ldap querys mapping ldap mail attribute to user
in *_attrs (best choice for future use than uid for our setup) with this
configuration in dovecot-ldap.conf.ext:

uris = ldap://ldap.uang
dn = cn=acces-smtp, ou=access, dc=univ-angers, dc=fr
dnpass = *********
base = ou=people, dc=univ-angers, dc=fr
user_attrs = mail=user,homeDirectory=home
user_filter = (&(|(uid=%u) (mail=%u)
(auaAliasEmail=%u))(|(auaStatut=etu)(auaStatut=etu-sortant)(auaStatut=perso)(auaStatut=perso-sortant)))
pass_attrs = mail=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (&(|(uid=%u) (mail=%u) (auaAliasEmail=%u))
(|(auaStatut=etu)(auaStatut=etu-sortant)(auaStatut=perso)(auaStatut=perso-sortant)))
iterate_attrs = mail=user
iterate_filter =
(|(auaStatut=etu)(auaStatut=etu-sortant)(auaStatut=perso)(auaStatut=perso-sortant))
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT

Is it the correct method, or do i miss something?