[Dovecot] Error: Threading lost Message ID

Oscar A. Jara oajara at frsf.utn.edu.ar
Wed Jun 5 07:22:05 EEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have just put in production dovecot imap and pop3 in replacement of
courier in a setup of 700 accounts aprox. Dovecot release running is
1.2.16 in a Linux CentOS 5.8.

Seems like some accounts are having problems dealing with message
threading, as I read lines like this one in my logs:

IMAP(some_user): Error: Threading lost Message ID

...and some of those accounts cannot even list the emails. I
temporarily got rid of this problem deactivating threading on those
accounts but I would like to solve it.

I found a patch that seams to deal with this problem at
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/76023d59c3b2 but it would be weird
that CentOS wouldn't have release a patched version of the package.

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 8412 (20130604) __________

http://www.eset.com