[Dovecot] dovecot and time

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Jun 5 20:18:36 EEST 2013

  Quoting Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>:

> I found something interesting via strace.  lda is writing a timestamp
> with utime before doign the fsync, but I'm really not a C guy, so I have
> no idea why that's going on via procmail and not via commandline.  I
> assume it's related to the choice of pread64 vs read.

Got it.
Working:
connect(6, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/dovecot/config"}, 110) = 0
NonWorking:
connect(6, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/dovecot/config"}, 110) = -1
EACCES (Permission denied)

/var/run/dovecot/config was owned by root.   I changed it to vpopmail
(which procmail runs under), and my timestamps are now correct.

Rick