[Dovecot] Allowing clients to test their Sieve scripts

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Sat Jun 15 04:00:22 EEST 2013

On Jun 14, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Ben Johnson <ben at indietorrent.org> wrote:
> In the meantime, here's a very rough-cut of a PHP script that accepts a
> Sieve script and an email body, and prints-out the "sieve-test" results.
>
> http://pastebin.com/7mHL2w0z
>
> This works fine on my server. Next week, I'll add authentication.
>
> Would love to know if this works for you, too, Frerich.

Nice, judging from the source code it looks very much like what I was
thinking of! However, as it happens my IMAP server is *very* minimalistic
(it runs FreeBSD and has just 9 software packages installed, the bare
minimum I needed for Dovecot and Exim - the only luxury I have is vim :]).

I'm not sure how much stuff PHP pulls in, but I was thinking of writing
a tiny Python script (since that is included in FreeBSD by default) which
implements a simple HTTP server, I did that once and it was fairly
straightforward).

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing