[Dovecot] Transparent IMAP proxy

Yonatan Broza yonatan at cuppcomputing.com
Sun Jun 16 16:42:35 EEST 2013

Hi,

I'm considering patching Dovecot to work as a transparent (and virus
scanning) IMAP proxy.

What is the appropriate feature to extend? (I've considered the
following: IMAPC and reverse proxying, with IMAPC looking more promising
since it actually parses IMAP communication).

Can anyone who is familiar with the IMAPC code recommend what are the
most appropriate locations in the code to make the required changes?
(I've considered hooking the storage virtual functions and making the
settings local rather than global - but would appreciate more specific
ideas).

Thanks.