[Dovecot] Transparent IMAP proxy

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sun Jun 16 22:19:43 EEST 2013

On 06/16/2013 01:31 PM, Eugene wrote:
> Or, as an alternative, most desktop antivirus tools have a
> mail-scanning capability.
> But SMTP is certainly better (though IMO even that is not really
> needed if you have reasonable antispam filtering and think before
> opening attachments).
In my experience, an anti-virus is left with almost nothing to catch if
you let spamassassin reject mail above a certain score, and so the AV
never gets to see those.
However one benefit of delaying AV scanning is that you get later
signatures, so you could potentially deal better with 0-hour viruses.
But overall AV is just ineffective.