[Dovecot] v2.2.3 released

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Tue Jun 18 19:19:16 EEST 2013

On 6/18/2013 10:54 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 18.6.2013, at 18.22, Ken A <ka at pacific.net> wrote:
>
>>> sdbox/mdbox users: Don't upgrade just yet.. It seems it may
>>> cause "Extension header update points outside header size" errors
>>> that don't fix themselves. (Bug 1: Causing this error in the
>>> first place, bug 2: not being able to fix it automatically.)
>>
>> Hi Timo, The latest from http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/ seems
>> to fix the dsync errors I was seeing with 2.2.2. Mostly "Error:
>> Mailbox INBOX sync: mailbox_delete failed: INBOX can't be
>> deleted."
>
> Normally that shouldn't happen in the first place! But yeah, that fix
> was done intentionally. But if INBOX is being deleted all the time
> with you there's something wrong.

I suspect I'm causing breakage of metadata. I'm preparing to migrate to
mdbox from mbox, so I'm rsyncing mboxes to a new server and then running
dsync -R -u <user> backup mbox:/<path>
The INBOXes that were generating this error were those that I'd opened
using an IMAP client on the new server (testing mailboxes) between
rsync/dsync runs.
Thanks,
Ken

--