[Dovecot] LDA Connection Refused with auth-userdb

Luca Fornasari luca.fornasari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:40:36 EEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Adam Ramirez <smadam9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ---> dovecot: lda: Error: userdb lookup:
> connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Connection refused

[...]

>   unix_listener auth-userdb {
>     group = vmail
>     mode = 0644
>     user = vmail
>   }
>
> File permissions on auth-userdb
> srw-r--r-- 1 vmail vmail 0 Jun 20 13:04 /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb

[...]
  # The default 0666 mode allows anyone to connect to the socket, but the
  # userdb lookups will succeed only if the userdb returns an "uid" field
that
  # matches the caller process's UID. Also if caller's uid or gid matches
the
  # socket's uid or gid the lookup succeeds. Anything else causes a failure.

> I have tried changing the permissions and owner of auth-userdb to 777 and
> dovecot:dovecot, but there wasn't a change.

 This sounds strange; did you restart dovecot and Postfix?

Cheers,
Luca