[Dovecot] Config for master user in dovecot 1.1.20

izul izul_2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 07:11:01 EEST 2013

Guys..i'm sorry if my questions is too absurd. Let me explain first.FYI im a
totally newbie in this mail server thing. The mail server admin who managed
and created this server in 2010 is gone .no contact at all.And also no
documentation about the server in detail. And now the server need to be
upgraded. We wana build new server with data ( account + mailbox ) migrated
from the old server. I've tried to follow dovecot migration tutorial in wiki
but still no luck. So I post here for further help.
Ok at first I get the idea  that my dovecot version is too old for 2013. But
IMHO thats too risky for me to upgrade to new version bcause of my
knowledge. Afterall in wiki theres a tutorial Dovecot 1 . I want to focus on
that instead of making change to my server. But now it still not working in
my old server. I hope ill get answer in this forum.
Again.. Sorry for my question if it categorized as flamming , OOT or
something else. Im just a newbie with question and need some help..

Thanx guys..