[Dovecot] Quota based on LDAP group

Pavel Herrmann morpheus.ibis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:35:18 EEST 2013

Hi

I have a setup where my dovecot (2.0, if that makes a difference) authenticates
against an LDAP directory. In my scenario, I have two types of users, lets
call them "normal" and "privileged". What I need is for the normal user to
have a fixed quota, but for the priviledged to have none. (The users do not
exist on the underlying system, so I cant do quota based on FS)

The issue is that my LDAP is actually an AD, and there is a fair amount of new
accounts over the time (in other words, I cannot use LDAP attribute for
storing quota, because the AD tools don't understand it, and I would have to
add it manually for each new account).

The approach I had in mind is using quota based on user group (I do have
groups representing both normal and priviledged users), but I cannot find a way
to set it up in dovecot.
Am I missing something or does dovecot not support LDAP groups as attribute
source?

thanks
Pavel Herrmann