[Dovecot] Dovecot + SELinux permission problems

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Mon Jun 24 20:12:05 EEST 2013

On 6/24/2013 9:58 AM, Johnny wrote:
> Yes, /var/log/audit/ with audit.log. There are some archived logs as
> well, but no recent messages regarding dovecot perms.

Typically you could use "sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log
/var/log/audit/audit.log.1" to get a feel for how many SELinux
exceptions are happening.

Also, when you say that the restorecon -R did not fix the issue, did you
check the output of "ls -Z" after running it?

However, looking at your original message, I'm wondering why the forward
slashes are doubled up.  For instance: "/home/user/data1/Maildir//"