[Dovecot] Configuring TLS 1.2

Phillip Odam phillip.odam at nitorgroup.com
Tue Jun 25 03:46:40 EEST 2013

Hi

I'm running dovecot 2.1.6 and am trying to configure it to require TLS
1.2. So far I've only got as far as getting TLS 1.0 going.

In the config file <dovecot root>/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf, I've
tried setting ssl_protocols to values like TLSv1.2:!TLSv1:!SSL3 but
without any success.

Attempts to google this matter turns up results for dovecot v1.2 as
opposed to configuring TLS 1.2 in dovecot

And having a look over the mailing list archive hasn't turned anything
up thus far. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Phillip