[Dovecot] New deduplicate doveadm command - was Re: v2.2.4 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 25 17:02:17 EEST 2013

On 25.6.2013, at 16.52, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 25.06.2013 15:28, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>> Also there are several potential problems.. Like if there are duplicate Message-ID: headers,
>> but the body is different, should that be a duplicate?
>
> the answer is simply *yes* because there must not be the same
> Message-ID's for different messages because the words "single
> unique message identifier" are pretty clear

I'm more concerned about intentional abuse. For example if you're dropping duplicate messages by Message-ID, I could first send this reply to you privately, and then another message with same Message-ID: but different content to the mailing list, and you'd never know it without looking into the archives from web.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if there still were some crappy webforms that always sent the same Message-Id..