[Dovecot] Disallow Deletion from Trash Folder

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Mar 1 08:44:34 EET 2013

Am 28.02.2013 21:40, schrieb Bradley Rintoul:
> Hello:
>
> I've been tasked with trying to find a way to keep users from ever "permanently"
> deleting emails.  The users are running Thunderbird and are using the "Archive"
> option for when emails are deleted.  However, they are still able to delete
> emails from the Archive folders...  I'm wondering if there's any way that I can
> configure Dovecot to make sure that emails *never* get removed from the
> filesystem.  I know it's probably kind of a bizarre request, but is there any
> way that Dovecot can help me out in this regard?
>
> Thanks!
>
> B. Rintoul

in deed bizzare, you can set acl on folders, but i wouldnt do it
for tb standard folders, a better solution would be a mail archive

perhaps  steel some ideas from

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/07/mailarchiv-mit-dovecot-und-postfix-sortiert-nach-datum-mailadressen-und-ein-ausgehend-unterordnern/

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer