[Dovecot] dovecot proxying with imapc

suja suja at leos.gov.in
Mon Mar 4 10:56:08 EET 2013

Dear sir,

I have to set up a mail gateway which will be explored to Internet and a
secure mail server in the Intranet.
I need a smart imap proxy in the mail gateway which will fetch the mail from
server and present to user through either a stand alone mail client or a web
mail client.
All authentication is through ldap server.

I followed the instructions given in
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/ImapcProxy
But while logging in I am getting a error:

dovecot: imap(user1): Error: user user1:Initialization failed: Initializing
mail storage from mail_location setting failed: Unknown mail storage driver
imapc
dovecot: imap(user1): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for
more information.

I couldn't figure out what is wrong. Please help me to sort it out.

Thanks & Regards,

Suja PV
LEOS

This mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. LEOS has taken every reasonable precaution to remove any viruses however you should also carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.