[Dovecot] Upgrading 1.2 to 2.x

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Tue Mar 5 23:24:54 EET 2013

Simon Brereton skrev den 2013-03-05 15:30:

>> honestly, especially because "a lot has changed between them"
>> I would start from scratch.

as same as saying if new iso file is out anyone need to delete there
old servers ?

> I'd prefer to have a semi-decent config to work from without having
> research 100 new variable names and values.  The migration tool
> exists for
> a reason.

dovecot -n is simple enough, but what about layouts ?, and will dovecot
2.x understand maildirs same way as it was under dovecot 1.x, nothing
changed ?

wiki.dovecot.org still exists so it should be safe to stay on 1.x :)