[Dovecot] dovecot 2 in ubuntu 12.04 or Debian Squeeze

pvsuja pvsuja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 06:26:18 EET 2013

I installed the stable version 2.1 and its working fine.
Now there is  a separate issue.
I have set up my mail server to disable all plaintext auth.
Now when i am trying to login with the imapcproxy, its giving error Unknown
user/password

The log says:

In proxy:
/mailproxy dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2
secs): user=<xxx>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS,
session=<1pBG/03XogB/AAAB>
/
In server:
/mailserver dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (tried to use disabled
plaintext auth): rip=10.x.x.x, lip=10.x.x.y/

Regards,
Suja