[Dovecot] Limiting size of stored emails

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed Mar 13 07:28:37 EET 2013

On 3/12/2013 11:30 PM, Patrick Joy wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have been putting off an upgrade as I need to upgrade the complete OS
> which is not a trivial task unfortunately but is inevitable.

Debian is designed for rolling upgrades, thus Ubuntu should be as well.
 They're painless on Debian so I would assume the same for Ubuntu.
Which begs the question:  why have not been doing rolling upgrades given
your platform is specifically designed for such a model?

> I may need to setup a nightly cron job to check for files bigger than
> xmb in the mail store for now.

Probably a good idea.  As well as educating the user who attached a 4GB
file.  That's just plain nuts and smacks of ignorance.  Honestly I'm
surprised Outlook didn't crash when attaching such a file.

--
Stan