[Dovecot] mail_max_userip_connections

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:37:25 EET 2013

On 12 March 2013 18:03, Axel Luttgens <AxelLuttgens at swing.be> wrote:
> Le 12 mars 2013 à 17:18, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I suppose this implies it's the webmail client.,
>
> So, to be sure: the webmail server is running on the same box as the one running Dovecot?

Si.  Yes.

>> but even having that
>> open on two different machines shouldn't open 10 connections.  Should
>> it?
>
> I tended to believe that usually, a webmail application tends to open/close connections sequentially, or to consecutively select relevant mailboxes within a single connection. But who knows...
> Which webmail app have you installed?

I believe that as well, especially as I don't have tons of folders
(some of my users do).  I'm using Horde.

> When connecting to/making use of the webmail, you should at least see connect/disconnect entries written in Dovecot's log.
> Do they tend to overlap?

With two machine and two phones, it's difficult to keep track of that
- but I will try.  To avoid that I was hoping there was a way to print
out in table form which connections for which user were from where.
And so now I have another reason to upgrade.  I need to fix the mess I
made with postfix first though.

Simon