[Dovecot] Qmail-LDAP/Dovecot Cluster

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Wed Mar 13 19:25:05 EET 2013

Hello,

I have worked with qmail-ldap and Dovecot for a number of years, and
recently wrote up a piece going into great detail about all aspects of
our environment.  It currently supports a rather small installation of
~10K active users.  If it should be of interest:

http://fritz.potsdam.edu/projects/email

It is intended primarily for system administrators or mail
administrators interested in building mail infrastructure on top of
open-source technologies, and is inspired by the likes of Life with qmail.

Topics include storage, backup, directory integration, local and remote
mail exchange, checkpassword SMTP-Auth and Dovecot login, RBLs,
content-scanning and anti-spam, quarantine, webmail, etc.  Full
installation directions and configuration stanzas are provided for
nearly every piece of the infrastructure.

Comments/criticism welcome.  Cheers.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey M Hardy