[Dovecot] stats plugins causing dns lookup per connection

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Thu Mar 14 02:07:03 EET 2013

On 03/12/13 06:58, Axel Luttgens wrote:
> started for seemingly unrelated reasons, but ended with some form of cacheing of the results fetched with gethostbyname().

It is a bit odd that it would totally block unless DNS requests on your
hosts weren't working at all - and even then, the requests would timeout
eventually and unblock.

> Which version of Dovecot are you running?

2.1.13

I see that caching is in 2.2 now too.  Timo, if there are any other
2.1.x releases it'd be nice to get this back ported to it as well.

-K