[Dovecot] Dovecot with sasl/imaps/postfix and thunderbird

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 05:23:01 EET 2013

Hi,

>> Can someone else confirm that restarting Thunderbird is a way around
>> having to manually import the certs or change them later through the
>> account settings menu?
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience with configuring Outlook to use
>> self-signed certs?
>

> This sounds like you're working on a fairly big project, so spend
> $20 and 15 minutes to get a REAL certificate for the test domain
> from one of the countless online vendors.

Yeah, tell me about it. The problem is politics and the difference
between when the project is expected to be done and the amount of time
involved with getting the certificate, explaining what is needed, etc.

It still might be worth it, though. I'll send them an email and see
what they say.

Thanks,
Alex