[Dovecot] Panic when indexing virtual folder with solr

Andre Rodier andre.rodier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 08:54:15 EET 2013

Hello Timo and everyone,

I am using dovecot 2.1 on debian7 with the fts-solr plugin, and everything is working fine.

I have a Virtual folder with all emails, and when I run a doveadm index, I have an error if I don't index real folders first. Example:
  doveadm -v index -u 'andre rodier' 'Search/*' =>
  Panic: file solr-connection.c: line 416 (solr_connection_select): assertion failed: (!conn->posting)

Now, if I rune the doveadm index on the real folders first, the next time I do the index on the virtual folder, everything is fine:
    doveadm -v index -u 'andre rodier' '*'
    doveadm -v index -u 'andre rodier' 'Search/*'

I wonder if dovecot can run the index on the real folder instead of displaying this error?
I hope that will help.