[Dovecot] Question regarding Postfix and Dovecot

Thu Mar 14 13:34:52 EET 2013

On 2013-03-14 7:11 AM, Daniel Reinhardt <cryptodan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at my config in main.cf and I do not see it.  Can you point it out?

First, virtual_transport = virtual is the default setting. Since you
posted -d output, that is what was shown.

With postfix (and I believe dovecot), the last config entry wins. So, if
you have a certain setting specified twice in the config file, the last
one (closest to the bottom) is the one that is used.

Postconf -n output will show you whether or not you have changed it.

If you are certain you have changed it, and postconf -n output doesn't
show virtual_transport = dovecot, then you either have your change
somewhere above the default in main.cf (meaning your setting is not the
last one, and so is over-ridden), or, you are not using the main.cf file
you think you are.

Show contents of master.cf (minus commented lines)...

Is your postfix chroot'd? If so (no 'n' in the chroot column), then you
are probably editing the wrong main.cf.

A long time ago I decided it was easier to just create a section at the
very end of main.cf, and put all of my changes there.

--

Best regards,

Charles